The Orange Knowledge Programme seeks to promote the ability, information and performance growth of both people and organisations in the area of higher education and vocational education as well as in other areas linked to the key topics in the program nations.
The Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) which is initiated and fully funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs is awarded to high achieving students who are willing to undergo a degree program in Netherlands.
This scholarship opportunity aims to contribute to a society’s sustainable and inclusive development and It is open to mid-career professionals in specific countries.
- Round 1 – for master’s and short courses
- Accepting applications between 2 February – 22 March 16.00 CET.
- Both master’s and short courses should start between 25 July and 21 November 2022.
- Round 2 – for short courses
- Accepting applications between 11 May – 28 June 16.00 CET.
- Courses should start between 21 November 2022 and 20 February 2023.
- Round 3 – for short courses
- Accepting applications between 31 August – 11 October 16.00 CET.
- Courses should start from 20 February 2023 onward and must be completed before 31 August 2023.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Armenia, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Colombia Cuba, DR Congo, Egypt Ethiopia Ghana Georgia, Guatemala India, Indonesia Kenya Jordan, Lebanon, Liberia Macedonia, Mali, Mozambique Myanmar Nepal, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories Peru, Philippines, Rwanda Senegal, Sierra Leone Somalia, Sri Lanka, South Africa South Sudan, Sri Lanka Sudan, Suriname, Tanzania Uganda Thailand, Vietnam Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe.
- Activities have been put on hold for Afghanistan. This means that Afghanistan will no longer take part in the Orange Knowledge Programme. Dutch embassies no longer issue visas for Afghan applicants, this also includes Afghan OKP scholarship holders.
Type: Fellowship, Masters, Short Courses/Training
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: A KOP fellowship is intended to supplement the salary that you should continue to receive during the study period in the Netherlands. The allowance is a contribution towards your costs of living, the costs of tuition fees, visas, travel, insurance, and thesis research. If applicable, the fellowship holder is expected to cover the difference between the actual costs and the amount of the personal KOP NFP allowances.
- One must be a professional and a national of, and working and living in one of the countries on the Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) Country list valid at the time of application;
- One must have a current employer’s statement that complies with the formal Nuffic has provided. All information must be provided and all commitments that are included in the formal must be endorsed in the statement;
- One must not be employed by an organisation which can be expected to have their own funds for staff development, e.g.: a multinational corporation (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft) a large national and/or a large commercial organisation; a bilateral donor organisation (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid); a multilateral donor organisation (e.g. a UN organisation, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB); an international NGO (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care).
- One must have a current employer’s statement which complies with the format Nuffic has provided. All information must be provided and all commitments, which are included in the format, must be endorsed in the statement;
- One must have a government statement that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established (if applicable);
- One must have an official passport valid at least three months after the submission date of the registration form by the candidate.
How to Apply: You need to first select a course and then contact the educational institution of your course and ask how to apply for the scholarship.
You can find a list of courses and institutions that are linked to the Orange Knowledge Programme in our database of study programmes using the filter ‘Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP). You can also find contact details of the institutions there.
Click the link below to visit the official website for Information.