“LeBron James is widely regarded as one of the best basketball players in the world today. He possesses an incredible combination of skills, strength, leaping ability, and height, making him one of the world’s best athletes.”
- Born: December 30, 1984 in Akron, Ohio
- Occupation: Basketball Player
- Nicknames: King James
- Best known for: Making the “Decision” to move to Miami, but later returning to Cleveland.
- Where did LeBron grow up?
On December 30, 1984, LeBron James was born in Akron, Ohio. He was raised in Akron, Ohio, and had a difficult childhood. His father was an ex-con who was not present when he was growing up. His family was impoverished and struggling. Fortunately, LeBron’s basketball coach, Frankie Walker, took him under his wing and allowed him to stay with his family, where he could get away from the projects and concentrate on school and basketball.
- Where did LeBron go to school?
LeBron attended St. Vincent – St. Mary High School in Akron, Ohio. He led his basketball team to three state championships and was named “Mr. Basketball” in Ohio three years in a row. He chose not to attend college and instead entered the NBA, where he was the first overall pick in the 2003 draft.
- What NBA teams has LeBron played for?
LeBron was drafted by the Cleveland Cavaliers and spent his first seven seasons with them. He was considered a hometown superstar and possibly the biggest star ever in Cleveland because he grew up just down the road in Akron, Ohio. Despite LeBron’s outstanding play on the court, the team was unable to win a championship.
LeBron James became a free agent in 2010. This meant he could join whichever team he wanted. It was big news which team he would pick. ESPN even devoted an entire show to “The Decision,” in which LeBron announced his decision to join the Miami Heat. LeBron James led the Miami Heat to the NBA championship finals every year during his four years with the team.
James left the Cavaliers in 2018 and signed with the Los Angeles Lakers. A few years later, in 2020, he led the Lakers to their fourth NBA championship and was named Finals MVP.
- Does LeBron hold any records?
Yes, LeBron James holds several NBA records and has won numerous awards. Here are a few examples:
- He was the NBA Finals MVP and Champion in 2012.
- He was the NBA MVP multiple times.
- He was the first forward to average more than 8.0 assists per game.
- He is the only player in NBA history to average at least 26 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists over their career (at least so far in 2020).
- The youngest player to get a triple-double in the playoffs.
- He won the Olympic Gold Medal in 2008 and 2012.
- The youngest player to score 40 points in a game.
- Fun Facts about LeBron James
- LeBron James was born in Akron, Ohio on December 30, 1984.
- He was a high school basketball prodigy who was chosen first overall by the Cleveland Cavaliers in the 2003 NBA draft.
- In his career, James has won four NBA championships, two with the Miami Heat and two with the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- He is a 17-time NBA All-Star and four-time NBA MVP winner.
- James is well-known for his charitable work, having established the LeBron James Family Foundation in 2004 to assist children and young adults in his hometown of Akron, Ohio.
- He is also a successful businessman, with endorsement deals with many major brands such as Nike, Coca-Cola, and Beats by Dre.
- In addition to basketball, James is a huge football fan and played wide receiver in high school.
- James has appeared in several films and television shows, including “Trainwreck,” “Smallfoot,” and “Space Jam: A New Legacy.”
- He is married to his high school sweetheart, Savannah Brinson, and they have three children together.
- James is known as “King James” and is widely regarded as one of the greatest basketball players of all time.