ABU Distance Learning Courses, Admission, Fees, And Requirements
The Ahmedu Bello University (ABU) Distance Learning Center was established to systematize and provide a functional solution to the difficulties of accessing quality tertiary education in the country (Nigeria) and beyond. It enables Students all over the world to have the opportunity to get quality education without restrictions.
In fact, there’s good conformation that online education has some obvious advantages to students to have the freedom to shuffle their careers and school because they aren’t tied down to a fixed schedule. In a traditional classroom setting, class meeting times are set, and the student has no power over this, forcing them to work their schedules around these dates. Most people who choose online learning tend to have other commitments, and prefer this mode of learning as it gives them power over how they will delegate their time towards their different projects.
The huge improvements in technology have made a college education more accessible than ever. With a computer and Internet access, the entire of the educational world can be yours as long as you have Internet access, no matter where you live.
The future of online degree education looks encouraging, and opens up education to a larger section of the population than ever before.
The ABU Distance Learning Center is planned and designed to provide the ability to obtain degrees from an NUC Accredited school no matter where you live across the globe. Focused and flexible, the highly ranked program liberate the knowledge and skills you need to further your career anywhere and wherever it’s convenient and accessible for you.
The university (ABU DLC) began with seven diploma courses via the e-learning platform and has grown to include several more programs such as:
■ Diploma Courses:
> Mass communication
> Social work and Development studies
> Local government studies
> Peace and Security studies
> Public administration
> higher diploma in Local government
> Advanced diploma in public admin
■ Undergraduate Bachelor’s degrees:
> Computer science
> Nursing science
> Business Administration
> Public Administration
> International Studies
■ Master’s degree:
> Business Administration (MBA)
> Law and Criminal Justice Programme
> Information Management (MIM)
> International Affairs and Diplomacy (MIAD)
> Public Administration (MPA)
> Public Health (MPH)
■ Post-Graduate Diploma
> Diploma in Education (PGDE)
> Diploma in Management (PGDM)
Here are the ABU Distance Learning Entry Requirements
• A minimum of five credits at O’ level including Maths and English in not more than two sittings For all candidates.
• Possession of a first degree in any discipline with a minimum of second class lower or first degree plus post graduate diploma for candidates with third class or HND holders with lower credit plus post graduate diploma.
• Possession of NYSC discharge certificate or Exception letter
■ Application Procedures:
Visit the institution’s official website
• Fill and complete the form carefully then check what you filled before clicking the sign up button.
• Your Informations can be edit on your page by logging into the site, the application need to be completed in order to reserve your own slot.
• An email message will be sent to the email you provided and offered provisional admission, you would also be invited for the screening where you will present hard copies of relevant copies.
• Register for the courses and make the necessary payments.
• Get acquainted with the e-learning platform and with your career.
■ The fees and Payments Formation:
The ABU Distance Learning Center uses the per course fee structure of the E-learning programme which makes it very affordable for anyone willing to learn to get started immediately. Students do not have to pay any huge upfront costs and can take their courses as funds become available to them.
• Application fee 10,000 naira
• Prerequisite courses 10,000 naira /course
• Administrative fee 20,500 naira /year
• Courses 20,000 Naira /course
• Tuition and acceptance 218,000
ABU Distance Learning Study Centers Across Nigeria
■ Zaria Center – Ahmadu Bello University main campus, Samaru, Zaria.
■ Abuja center – No 6, Melanje street adjacently Nijalinks hotel, Wuse zone 4. FCT, Abuja.
■ Lagos center – Edutech Advanced Business Technologies, Plot E, Ziatech beside Diamond bank building, Oregun, Ikeja, Lagos state.
■ Port Harcourt center – Kowork center, 77 Evo road, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
■ Gombe Center – Community Education Resource center, Behind Musaba hospital, Gombe State.
There’re three semesters in a session and after the deployment of lectures there will be examination which takes place at those centres listed above.
Click the below link for more information =>>
We’ve reached the end of this post, and I hope you found it useful. Our goal is to assist students in finding what they’re looking for on the internet.
ALSO READ: Universities in Nigeria that Offered Cyber Security